Stoke-on-Trent West Labour Labour in Basford, Boothen, Cliffe Vale, Harpfields, Hartshill, Oakhill, Penkhull, Springfields, Stoke, Trent Vale and West End
Sorting out the solar panels mess
While Lee and the Labour team have been going round listening to residents in Penkhull and Stoke, a lot of people have told us that they have had numerous problems with the Community Energy Scheme and solar panel installations on Council properties.
The issues include:
- No savings – in fact in some cases higher bills
- Problems with leaking roofs
- Signing for the scheme, believing that they had only signed up for a survey
- Not being told of the 25-year contract they have been tied into
- Problems with meter readings and estimated bills
- No electrical installation checks and wires that have not been connected to anything.
The group of Labour Councillors in the city are working hard to sort out this mess. Lee said:
If I am elected, I will work tirelessly to sort out this Tory mess. It was the Conservative bosses of the council who set up the scheme and who have ignored residents’ concerns – despite being told time and time again that the system is not working properly.
In the meantime, if you would like to speak to someone about these issues contact us so we can put you in touch with the City Council Labour Group Lead on the Community Energy Scheme.
Find out more about Lee’s campaign here.
Vote Lee, Vote Labour on 1 July.