Sign the petition now!
We need action to cut the risks from flooding on London Road. Sign the petition here.
There have been 2 major floods on London Road so far this summer. We can’t carry on having our main road turned into a river every time there is a storm. It’s not acceptable for homes and businesses to be flooded like this.
Andy Platt, the Labour councillor for Boothen and Oak Hill, has set up the petition calling on the council to develop a long-term solution to the issue.
The West End area from James Street to the Villas faces the worst problems with the water flowing down from Penkhull. The problem is even worse when the grids and drains get blocked and the storm water has no where to go.
We are calling on the council to:
- improve the capture of floodwater on all streets off London Road that go up to Penkhull
- increase how often the streets are swept and gullies are cleaned in this area
- work to solve the problems from storm water flooding.
We also expect the council to:
- clean the roads, gullies and pavements in advance when a major storm is forecast
- clear roads, pavements, pelican crossings and other areas of mud and debris after major storms
- install additional upstream gullies and a storage tank for flood water.
You’ve got until 6 October and you can sign the petition here.